Are you ready to get your 2019 off to a good start? Believe it or not, you might want to think about starting a journal.
Most people believe that journals and diaries are only good for small children and teenagers. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Journaling is great for everyone. It will give you the opportunity to reflect on your life. And perhaps more importantly, it can improve your self-esteem.
But in order to get the most of it, you have to know what to write about. Some people can jump in and just start writing. However, if you’re journaling specifically to improve your self-esteem and feel better about yourself, it helps to have some prompts.
We’ve compiled a list of 23 journaling prompts to improve self-esteem. Whether you’re new to journaling or just want to take a different angle, these journaling prompts for self-esteem will get you off on the right foot:
In order to get started, you need to find questions that are going to get you motivated. There are many ways to prompt yourself to start writing about your stress. Below, you’re going to find some of the best journaling prompts for self-esteem. They’ll help you reflect on your stress and find ways to overcome it to the best of your ability.
1. What is upsetting me so much? It is pertinent to be honest and specific. You cannot hold anything back or you’re not going to achieve your primary goes. Even if you feel that something might be petty, you should still write it down. After all, there is a good chance that it is bothering you. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have even thought about it.
2. Who is bothering you? There is a possibility that there is someone in your life who is causing you serious problems. Perhaps, it is your boss or a family member? Maybe they’re getting on your nerves? If so, you should not hesitate to write it down. Instead of taking your stress out on the individual in question, you should put it down on paper. This is far healthier and it’ll keep you out of serious trouble.
3. Did I play a role in the problem? While you might not realize it, there is a possibility that you’ve played a role in the problem. You might have done so indirectly. Nevertheless, you need to figure out whether or not you’ve caused the other individual problems as well. If you have, you should rectify the situation and the other individual will likely do the same. In return, you’ll both be able to deal with that stress together.
4. How has it impacted other parts of your life? Has the stressful event negatively impacted your life in other ways? In all likelihood, the answer is yes. You need to address these problems as quickly as possible. Write about it. This is the best way to identify exactly how the stress is impacting you, your family members and your life in general.
6. What is making you stressed and anxious? You also need to find out what is causing you stressed and anxious. Are there specific things in your life that are causing you problems? There is a good chance that there are. Some people get upset with too much work. Others get anxious about not having enough work. Write it down and you’ll find out what is causing you so much trouble.
7. How are you going to be dealing with these problems? Finally, you need to find out how you’re going to be dealing with these problems. If you don’t know how you’re going to be dealing with this stress, there is a chance that you’re not going to deal with it in a healthy manner. Write down the most productive and safe way that you can deal with the stress. This will give you a game plan, so you can begin dealing with the stress almost immediately.
8. What makes you happy? Finally, you need to identify things in your life that make you happy? Perhaps, you have a good time with dogs? Or, maybe you like spending time with your significant other. Either way, you need to find things that make you happy. This will ensure that you’re able to find ways to replace your stressors.
While you’re at it, you’re going to write down things that help you reflect on yourself and your life. You need to look well beyond the surface. Be sure to answer these questions as honestly as humanly possible. There is no doubt that this is going to be immensely difficult. Nevertheless, you’ll be able to pull it off in the long run. Be sure to use the questions below to give yourself a head start.
9. Have you let yourself down? Do you feel that you’ve let yourself down? If so, you need to find out how. Identify where you’ve made a problem.
10. Why did it happen? What in life caused you to let yourself down? Figuring out what went wrong can help you fix the problem, so you never have to deal with it again in the future.
11. What hurt you? There is a good chance that you feel hurt by something or another. Find out what it is that is bothering you.
12. Did someone hurt your feelings? You also need to find out if someone caused you pain. It could have been a friend, family member or a boss. Don’t let people off the hook. If they caused you pain, you need to hold them accountable. Otherwise, there is a good chance that they’re going to hurt you again in the future. Deal with it now to prevent future heartbreak.
13. Could it remind you of something from the past? There is a chance that today’s traumatic event is bringing up events from your past. If this is the case, you need to figure out what events are causing you problems.
14. Where do you need healing? Are there areas in your life that you need to recover and heal?
15. What can you do to love yourself a little more? There is a chance that your stress has gotten the better of you. If this is the case, you’re probably having a difficult time loving yourself. This is something that you need to get over as quickly as possible. This is one of the best journal prompts for self-esteem boosting.
16. Where would you like to be? You need to figure out where you want to be.
17. How can you get there? Finally, you need to figure out precisely how you’re going to get where you’re going. Chart a path so you can have a game plan for moving forward. Once you’ve written down your game plan, you’ll have little to no problem getting to the finishing line.
Finally, you’re going to want to write down things in your journal that will help you improve yourself in the future. After all, you’re going to want to make 2019 your most successful year yet! The good news is that you can do that without too much trouble. Just use your newfound journaling love to help you get started.
18. What steps can you take to improve yourself in the future? You need to figure this out right away. If you’re not going sure how you can improve, you will never be able to improve. This is why you need to write it down right now. Write down steps that you can improve yourself. This will ensure that you become a better you in 2019 and beyond.
19. What areas of your life can be improved? You also need to figure out precisely which areas can be proved. Can you improve your relationships? Your attitude? Figure it out and write it down immediately. You might be able to take a class or you can attend seminars to achieve this goal.
20. What is your purpose in life? This is something that you need to figure out from the very beginning. Find out what your purpose is so you can begin working to fulfill that purpose as quickly as possible. If you do not, there is a good chance that you’re going to be disappointed in the future.
21. What is the last thing you learned? It is absolutely pertinent to make sure that you’re learning something each and every day. This is the only way that you’re going to be able to improve yourself. Write down the last thing you learned each and every day. If this is left blank, you’re not doing enough to improve your life.
22. Can someone help you? You also need to make sure that you’re getting support. Write down people who can help and use them to your advantage.
23. Can you help someone? Finally, you should not be selfish. If there is someone who can help you. There is also a good chance that you can help someone else. This can be equally beneficial for everyone. Write down their name and get in touch with them. When you help them, your self-esteem will climb and they’ll help you out in return.